Monday, April 9, 2007

You're Never Too Old

For Easter this past Sunday, my family and I went to my aunty's (my grandma's sister, so not really aunty, but I call everyone aunty) house for the usual lunch and dinner get-together. These get-togethers are always so much fun because only during special occassions does the enitre family get to see eachother. It's time for catching up with what's new and just spending time with the little kiddies. Ok, they aren't that little, most of them are pretty grown up but they are still little kids at heart. This Easter get-together was the best yet. There was an addition to the family, my aunty's new puppy, Kona. He is a chiahuahua terrior mix and is the cutest little thing. I guess he was on good behavior because my cousins were saying that him and Sparkles (their other dog and my dog's sister) would always fight. According to them, Kona is a frisky dog that requires all the attention. I just saw a little brown pup who was a sleepy head, sleeping the second he hit something soft. Another thing that made this Easter gathering so enjoyable was that I got to go on a egg hunt. It was a of couple years ago when my parents broke the news to me, "Chris, you are too old to go hunting for eggs, you have to help hide them now and watch the little kids find them, ok." From then on, I could only watch the kids chase after the stationary eggs. I enjoyed it all, seeing the smiles on their faces when they found an egg, but I wished I could go back out there. This past Easter, I got the chance. After all the real and plastic eggs were found by the kids, my aunty told me that there were eggs especially for the older kids, those who tended to be more aggressive. My sister (who is two years older than me, may I add) and her boyfriend also joined in on the hunt. The adults said that they were going to make it hard because we were older. As I stepped outside, I didn't realize that they were that serious. There were plastic eggs hiding on top the pilars of the house and in the tree branches. I literally had to jump as high as I could to reach those. Also, they would hide the eggs so well in its surroundings, it was really difficult. There was one that I found that was even burried beneath the gravel rocks in the yard. There was an incident with my sister over one of the plastic eggs. It was hidden on the car and both my sister and I spotted it. We raced towards it and when we reached the car, I ended up between the car and my sister. It was very painful, all for what, an egg. At the end of the hunt, I ended up with ten dollars and candy. It was well worth the racing and sweat. My parents said that I was too old, but this past weekend I got to be a kid again. I think there is a kid in every single person no matter how old you may be. You are never to old to have fun, especially to go on an Easter egg hunt.

No comments: