Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Spot

If you were to look around a school campus, doesn't matter which one, but this one in particular, you will see groups of students gathered at their own "spot". Sometimes by ethnicity or by interests, each group of friends has a certain spot they like to hang out at. A place that they can call their own, their territory. My friends and I, or our group, has found its place on the side of Alexander Hall. The other day I situated myself at the spot and just observed our group of friends. I tried to take note of everything that went on. The one main thing that I noticed was that at the time I was there, it was much quieter than usual. A few of the guys were eating their usual Jack in the Box french fries and finishing up their fast food lunches. Which reminds me, I found out by one of my sophmore friends that next year they will not be getting privilege cards. Apparently it was the Juniors' faults this year. They said that the class abused the privilege and therefore ruined it for next years Juniors...oops. But hey, I didn't even turn in the form to get the card so I didn't do anything. Anyways, sorry. Going back to what I observed, one of them was playing his PSP. I'm guessing it was a one-player game because the rest of the gamers were in class. That is part of the reason why we are such a loud group because when all the guys start playing their games, there is yelling and screaming. The games consume them. Everyone had scattered themselves along the walls because of the instant back rest, I guess. When I separated myself from the group, my whole perspective changed. I had never really seen and observed our group from the outside looking in. Seeing our spot and group of friends from an onlooker's point of view was different. It was hard to see things that I didn't know already. Like we are usually loud and wierd, but that day was extremely quiet. Nobody was yelling at their PSP or on a sugar high. That day, we were more like what I see other groups as.

No comments: