Monday, March 12, 2007

Almost There

Yes, just one more week till Spring Break. Of course though, this last week is going to be the slowest and is surely going to feel like the longest, that's how it always is. The light at the end of the tunnel is right there, but to reach it is another story. There are so many tests and assignments due this week that it's going to take some serious effort to make it through. Many are going off island, to the mainland, and some are leaving the country. Lucky. I'm basically going as far as the downstairs couch. I think I'm going to plant myself there infront of the tv and just relax, something I have been wanting to do for a very long time. Whatever I do, the main objective is to relax and have fun. Like this past weekend. It was Junior Function for our school. I can still remember when everybody started to talk about it, like couple months ago, what seemed a mile away. But it came around and passed by way too fast.
It was really fun except for the fact that my mom decided to volunteer to be a chaparone, it was kind of embarrasing. To add to it, at dinner, she sat at the table right next to the one that my friends and I were sitting at. Ahhh. It wasn't that horrible though, because most of the time she was doing her job, patrolling the hotel grounds making sure all the students remained in the main area. I really enjoyed spending time with my friends and of course, the food. It was so good. Some of the highlights were, like I said, the food, and the funny/random pictures that my friends took, which by the way I was really mad because I had forgotten my camera at home and realized that I did when I got to school. The fifteen-person zoo that we played toward the ending of the night was the best. There were animals from a cockroach, to a worm, to a whale, to even a spaz (how that's an animal I don't know, but it was fun). By the end of the night, I had lost all possible energy. I slept on the bus ride back to school, replaying the whole night in my head. It was a great last weekend before spring break.

No comments: